Led by Gordon Devau, Deputy Director, NSERC
Alliance grants encourage university researchers to collaborate with partner organizations, which can be from the private, public or not-for-profit sectors. These grants support research projects led by strong, complementary, collaborative teams that will generate new knowledge and accelerate the application of research results to create benefits for Canada.
Research supported by Alliance grants will:
- generate new knowledge and/or technology to address complex challenges;
- create economic, social and/or environmental benefits;
- contribute to Canada’s long-term competitiveness;
- support public policy;
- train new researchers in areas that are important to Canada and to the partner organizations;
- draw on diverse perspectives and skill sets to accelerate the translation and application of research results.